6 Benefits of HCG Injections For Men
What Can HCG Do For Men Besides Weight Loss?
HCG or human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormone typically associated with women. HCG is the hormone that stimulates ovulation and supports the normal development of an egg. During pregnancy HCG levels rise and are what is measured by pregnancy tests.
However, HCG has other uses beyond pregnancy support and it can be given to both women and men. HCG is often given to women in combination with other medications to treat infertility. In men, HCG helps with the production of testosterone and sperm. It can also be used in young male children to treat certain problems of the testicles, such as undescended testicles.
Why are HCG injections given?
There are several conditions for which HCG injections may be recommended for men. These include:
- Testosterone deficiency
- Improvement of sexual function
- Reversal of anabolic steroid effects
Benefits of HCG injections
So what are the benefits that men can expect from HCG injections?
- Improved fertility. HCG injections stimulate the testes to produce more testosterone increasing sperm production and may be used to treat infertility.
- Restoration of the testes. Users of anabolic steroids, including testosterone replacement, may experience a decrease in testicle size over time. HCG can restore the volume of the testicles.
- Increased libido. When testosterone levels are higher, sex drive or libido also increases. HCG injections may improve your sex life.
- Weight loss. HCG injections have been used off-label for many years as part of a weight loss program. Weight loss from HCG tends to occur quickly and primarily from problem areas such as the stomach.
- Improved athletic performance. Increasing testosterone levels with HCG injections has the benefit of increasing energy levels. You’ll experience better endurance and performance during workouts as a benefit of HCG injections.
- Increased testosterone levels. Many of the benefits of HCG are directly related to its ability to increase your body’s natural testosterone levels. Several side effects that are associated with testosterone replacement are avoided with HCG. These include decreased testicle size.
HCG injections may be given along with testosterone replacement. Men receiving both treatments can benefit even further from the increased testosterone levels, but counteract some of the side effects and receive the additional benefits from HCG.
How are injections given?
HCG injections are administered into the fat of the stomach or thigh using a small insulin-type syringe. Dosing schedules will be determined in consultation with your healthcare provider and may vary from daily to several times a week.
If you are interested in the benefits of HCG injection treatments our providers can discuss treatments with you. Contact Vitality Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine today to discuss your treatment options.